The Civil War Traveling Trunk contains lesson plans, worksheets, images, teaching artifacts, Civil War music, and supplemental information relating to the Civil War from multiple perspectives. Feel free to adapt plans and lessons to fit your students’ needs. You know best what will and won’t work with your class.
Note: this unit can be conducted through Zoom or another web-conferring platform.
Before using the trunk, please go over the inventory list and make sure that all the listed items are included and all links function. If an item is missing, please contact the museum as soon as possible to let us know. After you are finished with this trunk, please complete the enclosed evaluation form.
- Introduction (Grades 3-5)
- Places and People – The Battle of Asheville (Grades 3-5, 8-12 adaptable)
- Little Known Participants (Grades 8-12, 3-5 adaptable)
- Johnny Has Gone for a Soldier (Grades 8-12, 3-5 adaptable)
- Images of the Civil War (Grades 8-12)