Business/Organizational Membership Program
Interested in private local history programming for you and your employees?
Join our Business/Organizational Membership Program to purchase discounted memberships for your employees and their families and receive additional perks for your organization, including private tours and programs.
See rates below.
Bronze Level: $350
- 5 family memberships ($250 value)
- 1 program for up to 10 people* ($200 value)
Silver Level: $550
- 10 family memberships ($500 value)
- 1 guided walk and 1 program OR 2 programs* for up to 20 individuals ($400 value)
Gold Level: $1,000
- 20 family memberships ($1,000 value)
- 1 private guided walk (20 people maximum) and 2 programs OR 3 programs* for up to 40 individuals ($600 value)
Diamond Level: $1,500
- 30 family memberships ($1,500 value)
- 1 private guided walk (20 people maximum) and 3 programs OR 4 programs* for up to 60 individuals ($800 value)
WNCHA Family Membership:
A family annual membership to WNCHA includes a monthly e-newsletter, priority registration for events, free or discounted rates to WNCHA programs and guided tours, and free admission to the Smith-McDowell House Museum and WNCHA exhibit galleries.
(Value $50 each)
A 60-minute historical walking tour.
Potential tour locations include:
- The former Town of Victoria
- Riverside Cemetery
- Uptown Asheville
- The River Arts District
- Pack Square
- Eagle Street
A 60-minute private program on a topic of historical interest given by a local historian. Programs can be done virtually or in-person at your business.
Potential topics include:
- Intro to WNC History (recommended as first program)
- The French Broad
- Pre-Civil War Asheville
- Conservation in Western NC
- Mountain African-American communities
- Submerged Towns in WNC
- Black Mountain and the Swannanoa Valley
- Mill Towns
- Black Mountain College
Give us a call to talk about other potential walks or programs of interest to your organization.
We may be able to accommodate your request.
Please call to discuss rates for larger organizations.
*Program schedule to be determined in consultation with WNCHA’s Public Programs Director, but should be scheduled within the membership year and are limited to one (1) program per month.
Thank you for your interest in the Western North Carolina Historical Association.
Your support helps us to continue our mission of education and preservation!